Livin' on the Edge Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Livin' on the Edge Wrestling

Management Forum for Livin' on the Edge Wrestling. A federation in The Wrestling Game RPG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many moves do you keep per catagory?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hades

Hades

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: Hades
Wrestler Level: 12
Face or Heel: Heel

How many moves do you keep per catagory? Empty
PostSubject: How many moves do you keep per catagory?   How many moves do you keep per catagory? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 am

I know the limit minimum is 3 moves... but I was wonder... how many do you keep active?

I tend to try to keep at least 6-8 move in my core areas... and 4 in others.

Not sure if this is the right thing to do.. but it seems to work.
Back to top Go down
ezbolah

ezbolah

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: 3z
Face or Heel: On the edge of both

PostSubject: Re: How many moves do you keep per catagory?   How many moves do you keep per catagory? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 am

well i can only tell from my limited experience in this area as i totally depend on trademark`s and finisher`s to do the job right
i try to keep less - usually 4 in the main area ( this goes for damage moves ) and 3 in the other area`s - this is becouse i do them often and they level up faster - the more damage the beter, but if i have two moves that do the same amount of damage i`l try and keep the lower level one becouse it update`s faster
for the sub`s i`ve turned them all off because for me they suck - cant really do more then light or strong so they just waiste my time
for the pin moves i try to keep 2-3 atleast for the areas where you can do pin`s like groggy, stuned, bent down as they usually help you to finish the game, if you haven`t got some active then you leave a door for the opponent to knock you off before you pin them

hope this help`s
Back to top Go down
ezbolah

ezbolah

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: 3z
Face or Heel: On the edge of both

PostSubject: Re: How many moves do you keep per catagory?   How many moves do you keep per catagory? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:58 am

ooo i forgot one tiny thing .. the more diffrent moves you do in a match the more exp star`s you get
i kind of look the other way on this couse i have like 55 moves that i can do in total - 50 are disabled so i loose on this chapter
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sam
Admin
Uncle Sam

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: Uncle Sam
Face or Heel: Face, but becoming less willing to put up with garbage.

PostSubject: Re: How many moves do you keep per catagory?   How many moves do you keep per catagory? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:15 am

I try and set a damage factor. I up it every so often. I don't focus on how many moves per category. Soon I will be setting a damage floor of 50 for all of my moves. This does not include submission moves.

The floor for damage moves at 50 means the minimum damage a move can do is 50, including the attack bonus. Say a move is 25-40 AB 10, then it has a minimum floor of 35, and I'll shelf it, unless it is a very low level, such as one I just bought. Then, I let it build a bit. If I find I haven't really been using it, then I will shelf it. I give it a chance to catch up because, as 3z said, the lower levels move up faster. I also factor in if I have any moves that cause bleeding. If I have one that causes a good bleed, but may be lower, I leave it, as bleeding can help you in a match, and I go for the FB titles every now and then. I have at least 1 bleed in each category that offers a bleed move.

For my subs, I set a floor of 15-20, depending. Subs have lower initial damage, but your sub bonus makes all the difference in how effective they are once you get them locked in.

I have a pin in each position I can get one, but no more of the basic pins. I also look at pinning attacks as if they were a DD move, using the floor method above, and ignoring the fact that they are pins.
Back to top Go down
https://lotew.forumotion.com
Eix

Eix

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: Eix
Face or Heel: Face

PostSubject: Re: How many moves do you keep per catagory?   How many moves do you keep per catagory? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:58 pm

I put just 3-4 moves in each position where I have a trademark move or a finisher to level them up faster.
In the position other positions are as much moves active until I have 78 moves active in my hole moveset(magical number for most exp lol! )

Quote :
ooo i forgot one tiny thing .. the more diffrent moves you do in a match the more exp star`s you get
i kind of look the other way on this couse i have like 55 moves that i can do in total - 50 are disabled so i loose on this chapter

As I heard in the faq by Phoenix it's not the amount of different moves You do in a match but the amount of moves which are activated in Your whole moveset which increases Your exp for the match. ???

The way I chose which move to keep in my set or to replace with a better is looking on the moves table and just go for the best moves I'm able to find for the technique wrestler. I made a list of the moves in the main area and still have to make another one for the positions like 'out of the ring'...

I'm not going to decide of levels because in the end the better move will surpass the worse in every case. This means if I have the Mandible Claw, Level 20 (DD: 4 - 26, AB: 32) and just bought an expensive move like the Full Nelson, Level 1(DD: 1-22, AB: 22) I will deactivate the Mandible Claw and level up the Full Nelson to 5. The Full Nelson will have almost equal DD and AB even in this level with DD: 1,25-27,5, AB:27,5. So just wait some levels until the Mandible Claw is surpassed.

As a technique I have no pins in my moveset and one third of the moves in the main positions(the trademarks/finishers included) are submissions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many moves do you keep per catagory?   How many moves do you keep per catagory? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many moves do you keep per catagory?
Page 1 of 1