Livin' on the Edge Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Livin' on the Edge Wrestling

Management Forum for Livin' on the Edge Wrestling. A federation in The Wrestling Game RPG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle of the brands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan Fisk

Nathan Fisk

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: Nathan Fisk
Wrestler Level: 24
Face or Heel: Heel

Battle of the brands Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Well,

the topic already tells my suggestion. It is rather big, comparable with the Union Storyline. But let me tell it in detail:

First we would have to differ the wrestlers into our two shows/brands (LotE/ Permanent Vacation). But the partitioning must be balanced, otherwise one show doesn't get enough fans. And don't forget about the battle between the shows either. An amount of heat could be generated, show invasions could be made, and the whole bomb could go off in not just one, but two big PPVs in which the wrestlers gain points for their brand/show via wins in matches. A split could also solve the PPV "problem" in general: Every show gets its own PPV at the end of the season.

Let me explain it by the many advantages, such a split would entail:
  • IMPORTANT: No splits of Tag Teams or Stables unless they want it that way!!!
  • A Tag Team breaks up? Give it an angle and afterwards one wrestler can be drafted to the other brand, to let some time get between it.
  • More Championships!
  • Maybe even GMs for every show (if not the official VGMs)
  • One more commentator would also give each show their own commentator team.
  • Less confusion about the storylines because the roster is kind of cleared up.
  • Almost every wrestler could be mentioned once a week. Those who fight are in the show anyway, and those who don't fight can instead have some segments, RP or stuff like that.
  • Every wrestler would have some kind of his home... I know it sounds strange but believe me that: You will like it, once enabled.
  • Concerning the Storyline battle of the brands:Almost every wrestler can be involved in that storyline!
  • For the VGMs it will become easier to have everything in sight, because both will have only their wrestlers to look after.
  • Maybe some NPC-GMs could also spice it up a bit.
  • Every show/brand can/will have it's own PPV at the end of every season.

• Always ready to overtake other advantages, if I forgot something

On the other hand, there will be disadvantages in such a split either:
  • General disadvantage of course: The roster will be splitted! A wrestler is limited to his roster, unless he's drafted.
  • Tag teams and stables might be broken.
  • It could happen that a wrestler who is PV might not watch LotE anymore, in a lack of interesting because it's not his show (and vice versa of course)
  • Too many championships for every show.
  • If one brand/show has all the roleplayers, the other brand/show soon will loose interest, because no storylines are going on.

• Of course I might have forgotten disadvantages either. With deep regret I will add them either if needed Wink

I like the idea, because to me, LotE seems a little chaotic at the moment. But it might also have to do with the Union-Storyline going on at the moment.

Please answer, and tell me, what you think of it. I'm open for any conversation about it...

Kennedy
Back to top Go down
Saalek

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: Saalek
Wrestler Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:11 am

The biggest reason why this is a problem is that the salaries for the Friday show are so much lower than the Monday show. So you are penalizing the people who are on that show.

The Friday needs to have some of the wrestlers with better entrances and more fans to help keep it from losing money. But if you make those wrestlers be on there every week, they will get less money than equivalent wrestlers in other federations and be at a competitive disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sam
Admin
Uncle Sam

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: Uncle Sam
Wrestler Level: 12
Face or Heel: Face, but becoming less willing to put up with garbage.

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:57 am

Well, the union story line has added some chaos, as well as trying to get the creative team together and flowing completely. There is a definite adjustment period, and I think Hades and Saalek are doing great so far.

Right now I'm working on getting the VGMs used to the formatting I want. Once that is down pat, and they are completely comfortable with it, then I will open them up to more creative aspects. Right now I give them a detailed outline, and they add to it, or edit it as needed, but they are still restricted creatively. This is because I don't want to overload them. I want them to get comfortable with the formatting, and then they will be able to do some of the creative work (not all because I enjoy it too, and don't want to take myself out of the loop).

Again, as for the union, it is supposed to create some chaos. Losing some of the major players and RPers, such as Papa Flopz and BBG (helped initiate a lot of RPs), has hurt us, and to be completely honest, a large majority of the new players as of late haven't bothered to get involved. I am keeping them because I want some people who can help fuel story lines, but don't have any expectations, and won't complain about what happens to their character.

I don't mind the brands idea, as it could be good, but as Saalek has pointed out, the major problem is that Friday shows make less money. It is considered the minor show, and the payout is substantially less. This is why I have the LotE division on Mondays, and the PV division on Fridays. The HW division floats, as Saalek has pointed out, because that is where the highest fans and entrances tend to be due to longer playtime and character age. This helps to bring the income of PV shows higher than if we did not use big name talent.
Back to top Go down
https://lotew.forumotion.com
Nathan Fisk

Nathan Fisk

Wrestler Information

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:49 pm

yeah, I can of course understand that. That's an aspect, I was totally unaware of. It makes the whole idea pretty much stupid... it's unbalanced, just as the Tag Team Matches.... Mad

Kennedy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sam
Admin
Uncle Sam

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name: Uncle Sam
Wrestler Level: 12
Face or Heel: Face, but becoming less willing to put up with garbage.

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:14 am

It isn't a stupid idea, just one that might not be possible, but it is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://lotew.forumotion.com
Aklaba

Aklaba

Wrestler Information
Wrestler name:
Wrestler Level:
Face or Heel:

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Good Idea indeed, especially if we were to create a new wrestling game.....

Last edited by Aklaba on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Nathan Fisk

Nathan Fisk

Wrestler Information

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:18 am

Okay, he has thought over the idea. Still not bad... still he likes it... at least that much to think it over again.

So, considering the fact, that B-Show members get less money, what about this. As all shows (and not at least the game itself) it must be possible to reckon the percentual loss of money between A- and B- Show.
Taking this percentage as a mathematical fundamental, the B-Show gets less wrestlers, who will be in matches more often in comparison with the A-Show.

Statements about that?

Kennedy...

P.S.: Yes, I know, it will be pretty much calculation....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the brands   Battle of the brands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the brands
Page 1 of 1